Connect with the wild side of nature in the wilderness back country of the Cariboo Mountains for 6 days/5 nights
A great example of Special Interest Tour Itineraries.
- Guides, necessary motorized equipment (helicopters, boats, motors, vehicles)
- Orientation and interpretive information
- Wilderness Conversation Fee
- Applicable taxes
What is not included:
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity for guides
This exciting back country adventure takes you from glacier fed rivers to the high alpine, the ‘land beyond the tree’, where you will see wildlife and experience life of the wild mountain dwellers.
Feel the freedom and exhilaration as you breathe in the fresh pure mountain air. You will be guided by local knowledgeable, caring guides who will ensure your safety and a memorable experience in the truly Canadian tradition.
Here are some of the exciting things you can experience.
- Simply Amazing Alpine Hiking with our trail systems, a short hike puts you in high mountain valleys and on the peaks. Explore alpine ecosystems and watch the wild life unfold in the alpine.
- Wildlife viewing-grizzly bear, black bear, mountain goat, moose, mountain caribou, wolf, mule deer, lynx, wolverine, birds.
- Always in bear country summer sightings of grizzlies are very common
- Grizzly bear habitat and bear dens
- Ancient forests and wetlands
- 1000-year-old western red cedars in this rare and unique interior rainforest.
- Wildlife calling and tracking.
- Birding – eagles, osprey, herons, mountain dwellers, migratory birds, song birds (over 250 species)
- Wild flowers, rare plants and unique ecosystems.
- The wilderness traveler’s paradise and a photographer’s dream
- Over 30 years serving the wilderness traveler
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival day check in to Pyna-tee-ah Lodge. Orientation session with dinner at 6 pm. Evening is free
Day 2: Canoeing
Canoeing the Cariboo River – Grizzlies, Moose, Black Bear, Deer, Eagles and other birds
Day 3: Hiking
Hiking Brew Lakes – Grizzlies and Mountain Caribou birds and wilderness
Day 4: Heli-Hiking
Heli-hiking in the remote alpine back country of the Cariboo Mountains. Grizzlies, moose, black bear and lots of other wildlife and birds
Day 5: Hiking
Grizzly Valley – hiking intermediate forest and sub-alpine bears, wildlife and birding
Day 6: Departure
Hearty breakfast and then it will be time to depart…
Guests will be send an equipment list and medical/liability form prior to arrival.
Guests need to bring waterproof rain gear pants and jacket, waterproof hiking footwear, day pack sack, hat, clothing that can be layered – fleece is best, personal toiletries, cameras (preferably with a telephoto lens), memory cards/film, a good pair of binoculars.